Monday, January 3, 2011

Cheater's Toffee

Saltine crackers
1 1/4 C brown sugar
1 1/4 C butter
12 oz. package milk chocolate chips (or whatever ya like)
chopped pecans

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet that has sides(about 13x18")with tin foil, over the edges, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Cover the cookie sheet with Saltines, close together. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let cook without stirring for 3 minutes. Pour mixture over the crackers and spread to cover. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee/crackers. Let sit for several minutes while the toffee hardens and the chocolate melts. Spread the chocolate evenly over the toffee and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cool slightly and put in the refrigerator to chill. When it has hardened, break into pieces and store in an airtight, sneak proof, impenetrable, container in the freezer.

3 comments:

  1. You have lots of yummy recipes on here. I am so excited. Keeping on posting girly and I will keep on eating. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for my kids and grandkids for the 12 days of Christmas this year. They LOVED IT!! and I must say...so did I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is THE most amazing easy recipe. And everyone goes nuts when I fix it and I can't keep it around!

    ReplyDelete